Upstream is leading the mobile internet revolution in high growth markets. Our pioneering platform provides 1.2 billion people with affordable and secure access to digital services. We work with 60+ mobile operators, across 45+ countries, leveraging their unique assets to boost and create new revenue streams in the data era. In 2017 alone, we enabled over 100 million users to make digital purchases worth more than $210 million.
Our focus centers on streamlining the development, building, testing, integration, packaging, and deployment of our micro-services. We are seeking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us maintain and scale our infrastructure in order to offer our users an even greater experience.
An ideal candidate would be a passionate engineer who loves Linux, who feels more comfortable in the shell rather than in an IDE, who is intimately familiar with cloud infrastructure. He/She has a strong networking background, is comfortable in a polyglot environment, thrives in true-agile, fast paced, production facing environments, and may not have all the answers but surely knows how to find them.
What you will do…
- Help us define the future of our artifact and container-based deployment strategies.
- Evolve and support our immutable deployment platform.
- Contribute in the design of high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Trouble-shoot and classify production issues.
- Lead capacity planning for new projects in terms of hardware requirements, using proven best practices.
- Monitor and tune production systems performance.
- Develop command line tools that enable developers to quickly build, bake, and deploy images locally and to the cloud.
- Work directly with Upstream engineers to provide a polyglot-friendly experience and first-class support for platforms built on Java, Python, php and others.
- Offer inspirational coaching and mentorship to Upstream engineers on best practices.
If you have…
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Linux experience -- deep knowledge of Linux system administration.
- Cloud experience -- designing and building tools and infrastructure for cloud platforms (e.g. AWS).
- Programming experience -- Go, shell, Python, Java amongst others.
- Operational experience -- comfortable providing support to other departments, optimizing deployments for availability and uptime, going deep on troubleshooting and remediation.
- Exposure to container technology (e.g. Docker), container-focused Linux distributions, and virtualization in the cloud.
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases (e.g. postgres), NoSQL DBs/systems (e.g. Redis, ElasticSearch).
... then don’t hesitate to contact us to talk to you about this opportunity.
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
Τοποθεσία: Γέρακας, Αττική, Ελλάδα
Είδος εργασίας: Πλήρης απασχόληση
Απευθύνεται σε: Απόφοιτους