Upstream is leading the mobile internet revolution in high growth markets. Its pioneering platform provides 1.2 billion people with affordable and secure access to digital services on their mobile devices. Upstream works with over 60 mobile operators across more than 45 countries, leveraging their unique assets to boost and create new revenue streams in the data era.
Our focus centers on streamlining the development, building, testing, integration, packaging, and deployment of our micro-services. We are seeking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us maintain and scale our infrastructure in order to offer our users an even greater experience.
An ideal candidate would be a passionate engineer who loves Linux, who feels more comfortable in the shell rather than in an IDE, who is intimately familiar with cloud infrastructure, have a strong networking background, is comfortable in a polyglot environment, who thrive in true-agile, fast paced, production facing environments, and may not have all the answers but knows how to find them.
What you will do…
- Take ownership of the hardware installation on our Data Centers
- Trouble-shoot and classify production issues
- Lead capacity planning for new projects in terms of hardware requirements, using proven best practices.
- Monitor and tune production systems performance
- Help us define the future of our artifact and container-based deployment strategies
- Contribute in the design of high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Develop command line tools
- Automate whatever can be automated
- Work directly with Upstream engineers to provide a polyglot-friendly experience and first-class support for platforms.
- Offer inspirational coaching and mentorship to Upstream engineers on best practices
If you have…
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Linux experience -- deep and comprehensive knowledge of Linux system administration (e.g. Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Hardware experience - familiar with Storages, ESXi, Brocades, etc
- Cloud experience -- designing and building tools and infrastructure for cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Programming experience -- Go, shell, Python, amongst others
- Operational experience -- comfortable providing support to other departments, optimizing systems for availability and uptime, going deep on troubleshooting and remediation
- Exposure to container technology (e.g. Docker), container-focused Linux distributions, and virtualization in the cloud
- Virtualization knowledge - Experience with VMware and container technologies
... then don’t hesitate to contact us to talk to you about this opportunity
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
Τοποθεσία: Γέρακας, Αττική, Ελλάδα
Είδος εργασίας: Πλήρης απασχόληση
Απευθύνεται σε: Απόφοιτους