IMERYS GREECE S.A.
Based in over 50 countries and with 270 industrial sites, Imerys is the world leader in mineral-based specialties for industry, delivering high value-added, functional solutions to a great number of sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods and building products. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, scientific expertise and technological know-how to offer solutions benefiting its mineral resources, produce synthetic minerals and develop formulations.
Combining expertise, creativity and attentiveness to customers’ needs, the Group’s teams constantly identify new applications and develop high value-added solutions under a determined approach to responsible development.
Κουλτούρα & Στόχος
Diversity is our asset
We strongly believe that the many women and men coming together at Imerys, with their different backgrounds, experiences and cultures and working towards common objectives, will contribute to the growth of Imerys.
The main principle behind this approach is recognizing, respecting, and valuing the differences each person brings to Imerys. We believe that these very differences will allow the Group to be more competitive and more innovative.
A unique core business
Imerys's core business is unusual in three ways:
- The "Explorer" aspect: our geologists often visit the most remote parts of the planet to locate suitable mineral resources;
- The "Responsible" aspect: in the ethical conduct of our business, in the way in which we mine these resources and manage our production, in our relations with local communities and our desire to give enhanced sites back to nature once we have finished mining them;
- The "Developer" aspect: our products incorporate increasingly technical and diversified applications; manufacturing them requires greater expertise, significant research efforts and capacities for innovation often calling for a very detailed knowledge of market developments.
Decentralization & Responsibility
Imerys operates in around 50 countries and owns more than 250 industrial sites. These characteristics explain why it has such a decentralized structure conducive to action, responsiveness and well-calculated risk-taking. Transparency and acceptance of responsibility are the natural benefits resulting from these very specific imperatives.
Furthermore, the Group is constantly evolving, developing its range of products and services, adapting to its environment and improving. In this context, the spirit of initiative must be accompanied by a constant focus on teamwork, networking and communication with a very wide range of contacts, both internal and external. That is why simplicity, openness and strong interpersonal skills are also favored by Imerys.
Employability & Social protection
Reinforcing all our employees' basic skills acquisition and guaranteeing everyone proper social protection in relation to the local market are two of our key Sustainable Development priorities.
Thanks to an acquisition momentum and organic growth efforts, Imerys, the world leader in mineral-based specialties, has capitalized on its long industrial experience.
Origin: mining and metallurgy
The Group’s origins were in mining and in metallurgy. Created in April 1880, its core business remained the extraction and processing of non ferrous metals for almost a century. The 1970’s were the first turning point. A holding company brought the group’s companies together under the name Imetal, then diversified and extended its activity.
In 2018, Imerys simplified its organization for greater customer focus and to further leverage its successful repositioning as a specialty minerals company by creating 5 new business areas built around core markets. (to know more, see the page “Markets”)
Βραβεία & Διακρίσεις
- Health & Safety Awards 2018:
- Gold Award for “Take5 for your safety” initiative in category “Evaluation & Parameterization of New Occupational Risks”.
- Silver Award for “Take Safety Home” program in category “Road Safety”, organized in collaboration with Road Safety Institute (R.S.I.) “Panos Mylonas”.
- Bravo Sustainability Award 2018. Bravo Market: “FLU-ACE condensing flue gas economizer in Tsigrado plant”.
- Imerys SD Challenge 2018:
- "Propagation of rare, endemic and endangered plant species".
- "Milos Mining Museum 20th anniversary: an educational and cultural center on Milos island"
- Evaluation as 1 of the 21 “Most Sustainable Companies in Greece” for 2017, according to Sustainability Performance Directory.
- Bravo Sustainability Awards 2017:
- Bravo Society: “MILOTERRANEAN Geo Experience”,
- Bravo Market: “Creation of a new economic, environmentally friendly activity at the site of a restored perlite mine in Milos island”.
- Imerys SD Challenge 2017. Minerals Days Activities - “Take Safety Home!” and “All the time I play, minding anyway!”.
Γιατί να δουλέψει κάποιος στην εταιρεία
In Human Resources, Imerys has organized its sustainable development strategy along four main lines. Our Training goal is to provide career enhancing opportunities, by promoting personal growth, our Benefits plan is continuously being improved to better cover employee’s needs. Our Industrial Relations line aims to foster positive relations with employee representation bodies and trade unions and our Diversity line encourages the recruitment and career development of people from varied backgrounds. We are committed to complying with legislation in force in the countries where we operate, particularly in terms of health and safety, non-discrimination, privacy, child labor, compensation and working hours.
The recruitment process
At Imerys, every recruitment is viewed from a long-term perspective. That is why we give particular importance to our recruitment process, whatever the level of the position being offered. This process has three stages and involves HR and operational staff to ensure greater objectivity.
Stage 1: pre-selection (after a CV has been submitted to our website, a letter has been received or a CV submitted via a forum, or via a job posting website)
Stage 2: HR interview
Stage 3: operational interview(s)
Furthermore, Imerys is offering a great opportunity to talented and motivated recent graduates. Our Graduate’s Trainee Program provides graduates with rich and diverse experiences in a multicultural and challenging environment. The aim is to recruit top-performing graduates, enabling them to accelerate their career and become part of the next generation of the key contributors of Imerys. The Program consists of two 12-month rotations in two different positions. The program is open to fresh graduates with up to 3 years of experience.
Στελέχη που θα παρευρεθούν
Haris Latsoudis, HR Generalist
George Marinos Papanikolaou, HR Payroll & Reporting Specialist
Γιατί στηρίζει το JFA
Σύνδεση της εταιρίας με την φοιτητική κοινότητα και τους αποφοίτους των ελληνικών πανεπιστημίων.
Με ποιόν τρόπο στηρίζει το JFA
Με ποιον τρόπο στηρίζουν το JFA
Χρονιές στο JFA
15 A. Metaxa st., 145 64 Kifisia, Greece
Athens, Milos, Fokida
Δεξιότητες που απαιτούνται
Μηχανικοί Μεταλλείων, Μηχανικοί Χημικοί, Οικονομικά, Λογιστική