Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Works as a SW Engineer in product, system or technology program in SW/System.. Works under general direction and interprets internal/external business issues and recommended best practices in own discipline.
Main Responsibility Area
Has the responsibility for specifying, planning, reporting, designing, implementing, testing, reviewing in his/her technical area (e.g. several features).
Contributes to specification reviews. Works according to given tasks. Participates in work amounts estimation in own area. Is responsible for sharing knowledge in his/her expertise area. Gives input to process development. Performs problem isolation and resolution. Applies knowledge and experience to determine root cause.
Writes requirements, specifications and other guiding documentation for R&D from a technical point of view. May work also outside of own process area on technical issues. Solves complex engineering problems in many technology areas. Coaches other team members in solving complex engineering problems. Undertakes technical training responsibilities.
SW engineer responsibilities for development in an R&D group.
Participation in the design, implementation, maintenance and testing of software for a specific product.
Can develop and implement recommendations, customer requests, correct customer error reports.
Resolves problems through immediate actions or short-term planning and sets priorities to ensure task completion.
Suitable applicants should possess following set of qualifications and competencies
- University degree in Computer Science / Telecom Engineering or related field
- Preferable minimum working experience (2-3 years) in SW Development for Mobile / Fixed Access / Core networks, IP Protocols and Interfaces, Telecommunication Protocols, familiarity with Telecommunication Standards
Substantial experience in SW test driven development knowledge in
- C++ programming and/or Java
- Object Oriented Design and design patterns
- Unit and Module testing concepts and practices
- Mercurial SCM
- Memory management in C++, profiling and optimization experience
- Web development
- ConfD server applications
- Apache Karaf
- IP networking
- Linux OS
- Shell scripting
Knowledge or experience in any of the items below, will be considered as an asset
- Passive Optical Networks
- Cloud and NFV
The successful candidates should be familiar with
- Agile and Scrum methodology
- Continuous Delivery mindset
- Analytical, conceptual and pro-active way of thinking
- Team player and quick learning ability under high pressure
- Self-motivated and self-organized, able to work based on project timeline
- Good and transparent communication with strong organizing / planning and troubleshooting skills.
- Innovative and start-up spirit
Moreover all successful candidates should have
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Flexibility to travel / stay abroad
Αpply for BBA SDAN SW Development Engineer
Τοποθεσία: Αθήνα, Ελλάδα
Τομείς: Telecommunications, IT
Είδος εργασίας: Πλήρης απασχόληση
Απευθύνεται σε: Απόφοιτους