Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
The Nokia Cloud Mobile Gateway performs gateway and related functions within the packet core. It is built to address the growth of enhanced broadband and deliver new Internet of Things (IoT), machine-type communications (MTC), and 5G services.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our Security Test team located in Athens Technology Center and work together with very talented engineers, in a technically challenging and stimulating environment. As a member of our team you will be responsible to
• Work closely with product management and engineering teams to understand security requirements, develop test plans, execute test events and report software weaknesses.
• Design and specify test infrastructure using (or enhancing) the existing automation framework to execute the test plan, script test cases and integrate them in regression infrastructure
• Conduct applications, systems, platforms and network fuzz tests utilizing proven/formal processes and industry standards
• Execute security audits, vulnerability scanning and flood testing to various network elements
• Perform product security hardening and verify security alerts
• Conduct research to stay abreast of emerging security threats, tools, best practices and methodologies
Skill set requirements
• BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
• Software programming experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, TCL, Bash)
• In depth familiarity with UNIX/Linux operating systems
• Strong understanding of core networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP[S], SSL, IPSEC, DNS, etc.) and familiarity with network tools (Wireshark, tcpdump)
• Good knowledge of Source code management tools (GIT, CVS)
• Creative mindset - ability to think out of the box.
• Proven aptitude for methodical problem troubleshooting and solving, good communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well in a close-knit team
• Quick learner, self-starter, able to work independently having strong sense of ownership and responsibility
• Fluent English spoken and written
• Free of military service obligations (applicable for male candidates)
• MSc in Digital Systems Security or Network and Computer Systems Security or Information Security or related field or equivalent working experience
• Working experience with vulnerability and network scanning tools such as Burp Suite Pro, Nmap, Metasploit, Nessus, Nikto, Qualys, etc.
• Knowledge of and experience with application security and application security testing
• Security certifications in one or more of the following CEH, OSCP, GPEN, CCNA Security is a plus
• Knowledge of Mobile Systems standards
• Programming experience with C and/or C++ is a plus
By joining our team, you will get the opportunity to work on the newest cutting-edge technologies for the next generation packet core networks and feel the excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base. We are offering a flexible and friendly working environment, collaborating with engineers from all over the world, having diverse interests and hobbies.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply for Security Test Engineer